June has already begun, and in case you didn’t guess it from the first post of the month (where Vince Chavy told the tale about the evolution of SCOPIA Desktop), it is going to be “InfoComm month” in this blog.
With 30,000 professionals from more than 80 countries, InfoComm is the premier event for the audio-visual, information communications and system integration industries. InfoComm showcases the latest technologies in audio, video, display, conferencing, networking and more, and this year RADVISION has chosen InfoComm09 in Orlando to announce its new and exciting line of products.
I will dedicate the whole month to discuss the many products and various new features that they bring with them, but I would like to kick-off the InfoComm special with some details on what you will be able to see and experience in our booth (#3479) at InfoComm:
- SCOPIA Desktop 7.0, which we already announced a couple of weeks ago. This new version of our desktop client bring high definition everywhere, and you can experience it either in point-to-point or in group conferencing. It works the way you work!
- Our SVC technology will be demonstrated, showing the state-of-the-art in error resiliency tools, enabling high quality video under extreme network conditions with full room system interoperability. We will show this technology embedded in the new SCOPIA Desktop 7.0, so you too can get a glimpse of how this technology can change the way you work.
- [UPDATE] The new SCOPIA MCU, Scopia Elite, which we officially announce in InfoComm. As this baby is the fruit of a lot of hard labor, including my own personal one, I will devote a few posts to it. But at this stage I can tell it’s an impressive piece of technology – bringing uncompromised, high scale high definition video, with full 1080p room and Telepresence connectivity.
- We will showcase our SCOPIA solution, embedded in various market-leading Unified Communications solutions. You can now enjoy SCOPIA video conferencing using Cisco’s WebEx, IBM’s SameTime, Microsoft’s OCS and Alcatel-Lucent’s OmniTouch.
- And last, but not at all least, we will finally uncover the amazing project RADVISION has been working on, which I briefly mentioned in my post on video innovation in Israel: A high definition system, developed by a great partner, a world leader in high-tech electronics and digital media, based on RADVISION’s BEEHD technology. This all-in-one system will offer a superior videophone in a great new form factor.
I must admit this baby amazes me every time I look at it. You are invited to take a look yourself.
As you can see, there’s going to be a LOT of new and exciting announcements in InfoComm, and I will try and review them all here in my blog (in case you are not attending). I suggest you follow our “InfoComm Special” all through this month, and you are welcome to follow the RADVISION website and my twitter for news, press releases and more.
You are invited to meet us in booth #3479 at InfoComm. Enjoy the show!